Saturday, September 12, 2009

18th annual PAWSwalk 2009

Yay.. the finish line.

Cordelia was lagging a bit behind towards the end of the walk.



The event provided water stations for the dogs and bottled water for the people.




My friend Carmen joined me on the walk and was my unoffical photographer for the event. She and Rocky became good friends during the 3-mile trip. Thanks Carmen.

..and we are off.

Volunteers for the Missing Pet Partnership (MPP). MPP is a national, non-profit organization dedicated to reuniting lost pets with their families. Many "stray" dogs and cats that end up in animal shelters are actually lost pets that families failed to find. Their innovative programs help shelters reduce euthanasia rates and help desperate people locate their lost pets. Please check out their website and consider volunteering for this great cause.


These are a few of the 150 volunteers that are needed to make PAWSwalk a success every year.
*
I spent this morning at the 18th annual PAWSwalk at Seattle's Magnuson Park. The weather was beautiful and the three mile walk was a great way to start the day. The walk raised over $152,000 which will be used to advocate for animals through education, legislation and direct care. For more information click on this link. My friend Carmen joined me and two of my three dogs, Cordelia and Rocky.

No comments:

Post a Comment